By ColdMedicine
Jorkkila wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:03 am
Still should get his chance with the new couch to see if he can salvage him yet. Build up his confidence again.
Yeah, that new couch in the press box might work wonders for him.

But in all seriousness, given Nill's history with Oleksiak, Nemeth, etc. I would be surprised if he was traded.
By Stars_Fan09
ColdMedicine wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:41 pm
Jorkkila wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:03 am
Still should get his chance with the new couch to see if he can salvage him yet. Build up his confidence again.
Yeah, that new couch in the press box might work wonders for him.

But in all seriousness, given Nill's history with Oleksiak, Nemeth, etc. I would be surprised if he was traded.
Yep...if Honka is ever traded because Nill believes he's a bust it will be several years after everyone else has made that determination.
By Stars_Fan09
On an unrelated note...I am assuming by the fact that we've heard nothing that the org is totally fine with sticking with Razor/Ludiwg which is just unbelievable to me. When Ralph left they only approached big name, quality PBP guys to replace him because they were committed to a quality broadcast. Now what....they're totally fine with this shitty assault on the ears every night? FFS put Ludwig back in whatever institution let him out and hire a PBP guy who doesn't sound like he's having multiple uncontrollable orgasms during normal events in the game.
By primetimey
Stars_Fan09 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:15 pm
On an unrelated note...I am assuming by the fact that we've heard nothing that the org is totally fine with sticking with Razor/Ludiwg which is just unbelievable to me. When Ralph left they only approached big name, quality PBP guys to replace him because they were committed to a quality broadcast. Now what....they're totally fine with this shitty assault on the ears every night? FFS put Ludwig back in whatever institution let him out and hire a PBP guy who doesn't sound like he's having multiple uncontrollable orgasms during normal events in the game.
Amen.
By Shady
Yep. Doesn't sound like it will change and I agree it doesn't make sense. To go from such quality, and showing such a commitment to it after Ralph left... To this. It sucks. Although our opinions on it hear seem to be in the minority. It seems like most people like Razor as PBP for some god forsaken reason.
By Elysian
I'd prefer a whole new crew, Razor has lost his luster, don't even want to hear him in color anymore.
By ColdMedicine
Elysian wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:35 am
I'd prefer a whole new crew, Razor has lost his luster, don't even want to hear him in color anymore.
This is how you end up with guys like Ludwig, Goring (NYI), or Daneyko (NJD). Razor doesn't yelp during color, which should go a long way. We would still hear about how tired the Stars are every time they come out flat, but there are worse things to listen to.
By primetimey
Offensive dynamo Honka puts up 1 assist in 8 games at the Worlds. Hopefully Nill trades him before next season.
By M88K
You should read some of the derp on hf about him. They blame it on Hitcock and think he's top4 capable...