By M88K
He's not an offensive force nor is he supposed to be his ceiling is a 3rd liner. He's not going to tear up the league scoring but he will get points
By Elysian
Went to the TX Stars preseason game last night, it was great. We won, got the go-ahead goal with 30 seconds or so to go. Laxdal has clearly changed the system up to be closer to Monty's, the team is so much faster than it was in the playoffs.

Before the game, I met up with the guys in the Austin fantasy league and we did our draft at the bar :lol: Was fun times, though I'm sure we looked like dorks on our laptops.
By Kipper
M88K wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:38 pm
He's not an offensive force nor is he supposed to be his ceiling is a 3rd liner. He's not going to tear up the league scoring but he will get points
Scouting reports I read said 3rd liner was his floor and what he was most likely to be but his ceiling was definitely a second line center. Is your opinion based on scouting reports, viewings or just general negativity towards everything NIll has done?
By M88K
Kipper wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:51 am
M88K wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:38 pm
Scouting reports I read said 3rd liner was his floor and what he was most likely to be but his ceiling was definitely a second line center. Is your opinion based on scouting reports, viewings or just general negativity towards everything NIll has done?
Scout Reports.
By Jorkkila
Elysian wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:30 am
Did the season ticket holder event last night at HEB Center, got to meet Mersch, Hanley, Gurianov, Dowling, and talk some with Laxdal. Very cool. The whole team was there.

That's cool !

Did you ask him about playing more of a Monty style game this season?
By Elysian
Jorkkila wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:24 am
Elysian wrote:
Did the season ticket holder event last night at HEB Center, got to meet Mersch, Hanley, Gurianov, Dowling, and talk some with Laxdal. Very cool. The whole team was there.

That's cool !

I thought of that right at the end, and couldn't find him again :lol:
By Jorkkila
Elysian wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:08 am
Jorkkila wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:24 am
Elysian wrote:

That's cool !

I thought of that right at the end, and couldn't find him again :lol:
Haa too bad. I guess we will just have to wait and see :D